Update March 20, 2020
Below is information from the Village of Bensenville, related to COVID-19, as of Friday, March 20, at 4:00 p.m. As the situation continues to unfold, this information is extremely subject to change. (To see past updates, scroll down to Additional Information.)
As the state continues to combat the spread of the coronavirus, all Illinois residents have been ordered to remain in their homes as much as possible, leaving only on essential trips for household necessities or medical reasons, with an exception for those working in essential business or government roles.
While there have not been any known COVID-19 cases diagnosed in Bensenville, this is being done as a precaution to protect the health and safety of residents both here and across the state. The Village remains in constant communication with State officials, the DuPage County Health Department and our local government partners as this situation rapidly changes each day. I ask that you all stay calm and informed as we navigate this situation together.
Village Hall and municipal buildings will be closed to the public beginning Saturday, March 21 through April 7, 2020 . Effective this week, Bensenville is suspending in-person services where possible, and getting creative by using technology to better serve our clients during this time, please conduct business with the Village using these remote methods. Bensenville’s emergency services will continue to be available to residents, and we will share any additional updates on the Village’s website and social media channels. The Village is working diligently to combat the spread of this illness, and we appreciate your cooperation as we continue to do so. We can, and will, navigate this difficult time together.
- If you need to connect with the Village, leave a non- emergency message at 630-766-8200 and the appropriate person will respond return your call as soon as possible.
- The Village will be adhering to State restrictions prohibiting indoor dining at local restaurants. During this difficult time, residents are encouraged to support our local businesses that are offering pickup and delivery. Please contact local restaurants to see if they are able to provide services.
- Customers cannot consume alcoholic beverages if waiting for a pick up in a restaurant. The Executive Order mandates no on-site food or beverage consumption.
- All Committee meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
- The Village Board will meet for its regularly scheduled Board of Trustees meetings at Village Hall. Residents who wish to make public comment or have their name read into the record can do so by completing the online public comment form by 6pm the day of the meeting. Residents may watch the meeting on demand the following day in the Bensenville Media Center.
- In conjunction with other utilities in Illinois, the Village will not be terminating water service or penalizing customers who fall behind on water bill payments. The Village will work with residents and businesses during this difficult time.
- All door-to-door solicitation permits have been revoked by the Village.
Other Community Resources
To locate a multitude of other community resources, please visit https://dupagecris.org/. This website contains information on where you can find emergency shelter, mental health support, transportation services and more.
Illinois COVID-19 Hotline and Email Address
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is posting updates on its website that include summaries outlining case numbers and a map and list of affected states and countries. If you have questions about Coronavirus, you may call the Illinois Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Hotline 1(800) 889-3931 or, email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV at any time.
For more background information on the coronavirus and for the latest updates, please use the following links: