The Water’s Edge Aquatic Center Staff on duty are responsible for enforcing these rules and any additional policies to ensure safety of all swimmers and staff. Aquatic personnel must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with facility rules, written or verbal, may result in removal or revoking of facility privileges.
- Lap & Therapy Swim – Swim @ Own Risk, No Lifeguard on Duty. Children under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied IN THE WATER by an adult 16 years of age or older. Swimming along is not advised.
- Family Swim – Lifeguard on Duty. Children under the age of 6 MUST be accompanied IN THE WATER by an adult 16 years of age or older. Children under the age of 12 MUST be accompanied by an adult 16 years of age or older ON THE POOL DECK. Children 12 years of age or older may swim without an adult present.
- Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease; an infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges,; or any other condition that has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, corn plaster, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind also shall be refused admittance. A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the pool area.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, gum or tobacco is allowed in other than specially designated and controlled sections of the pool area. Glass containers are prohibited.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area. All oils, lotions, gels and perfumes must be washed off prior to water entry. Shoulder length hair should be tied up or in a bathing cap.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running or boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted.
- Only clean footwear, baby strollers or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area or bathhouse.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- All water toys MUST be soft or non-damaging. Throwing of any object is strictly prohibited. Inflatable toys are not allowed in either pool; including water wings, inner tubes, beach balls, etc. Jumping and/or standing on flotation devices is prohibited.
- Glass, soap or other material that might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean.
- All children who are not toilet-trained shall wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants.
- Diving in water less than 5 feet deep is not permitted except when allowed for competitive swimming and training.
- Use of starting blocks is prohibited during Lap & Therapy Swim and family swim.
- Unsafe entry into the lap pool is strictly prohibited; including but not limited to flipping, jackknives, or diving of any sort. Diving in the lap pool is only permitted for competitive swimming and/or training.
- Caution shall be exercised in the use of the diving facilities.
- The Diving Board is closed during our Lap & Therapy Swim hours, and may only be used under the discretion of the Aquatic Staff.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time; individuals must wait their turn on deck.
- Masks, goggles or snorkels are not allowed off of the diving board at any time. They are however allowed for swimming if individuals can properly demonstrate clearing the mask of water while submerged.
- Swimming is prohibited at outdoor swimming pools when lightening is present, including a 15-minute period after the last lightening is observed.
- If present, lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies.
- Parents or guardian should supervise their children.
- Non-Swimmers must stay in the Lap pool.
- No one should swim alone.
- Everyone MUST clear the pool once the lifeguard(s) has blown their whistle.
- The pool management has the authority to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here. - Illinois Department of Public Health
The Water’s Edge Aquatic Center staff on duty are responsible for enforcing the above rules and any additional policies to ensure the safety of all swimmers and staff. The Water’s Edge Aquatic Staff reserve the right to close any lap lanes or pool areas at any time for any reason.