Church Road and Main Street Resurfacing Project


The Village is in the early design phase for the resurfacing of Church Road (Grove Avenue to Irving Park Road) and Main street (Church Road to York Road).  The projected scope of improvements includes removal and replacement of deteriorated curbs and sidewalks as needed, the addition of a new sidewalk on the east side of Church Road from Grove Avenue to Green Street, resurfacing of the roadway surface, and installation of new pavement markings once completed.  This project has been awarded Federal Surface Transportation Funding to pay for 70% of the construction costs, with the Village only having to provide a local match for the remaining 30%.  Updates will be provided as project design milestones are achieved and a more exact date of construction is known.   

Project Details

Contract Bid Date: 2024 Anticipated
Contract Award Date: 2024 Anticipated
Project Cost: TBD
Awarded Contractor: TBD
Construction Start Date: Spring 2024
Construction Completion Date: Fall 2024
Funding Sources: Federal STP / Local Funding

Project Contact Information

Village of Bensenville Resident Engineer
Jeffrey Maczko, P.E. TBD
Village Engineer TBD
Email: Email: TBD
Phone: 630-594-1196 Phone: TBD

Project Documents

Name Link to Document
PIM Project Information View
PIM Project Comment Form View
QBS Results

Project Updates

On Tuesday January 25, 2022, a Public Information Meeting was held for the project at the Bensenville Village Hall. During this open house informational meeting, project stakeholders were able to receive information, provide comments, and ask questions regarding the scope of the proposed improvements. Comments will be accepted through February 8, 2022 by completing the Public Information Meeting Project Comment Form, which can be found in the “Project Documents” section above.