Have you ever seen a bad accident, large fire, or other incident and wondered how you could help?
Do you want to be trained to help your community in the event of a major tornado, flood, or other large disaster?
Have you ever had a desire to help your neighbor or give back to the community?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you should consider applying for the Village of Bensenville Emergency Management Agency volunteer program!
Volunteers can be called out 24/7 to support police and fire departments at large incidents. Volunteer responsibilities include traffic control, scene lighting and security at accidents, fires, and other incidents, search and rescue operations, weather spotting, and auxiliary communications.
Members also help with public education, disaster preparedness and maintaining response equipment.
Requirements to become a volunteer:
Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Be able to pass background screenings.
- Be willing to learn and participate in trainings.
- Be willing to work at pre-planned public events in support of local community activities.
- Be willing, when available, to respond to emergency calls for assistance when needed.
Interested in learning more? View this informational flyer.
Apply to volunteer today by filling out this form.