Water’s Edge Aquatic Center Survey
Community Engagement Survey (link at bottom of page)
The Village of Bensenville is committed to being financially sound and provide customer friendly services of the highest quality. We also strive to engage residents and partners for the benefit of the community. To that end, we need your help! The Water’s Edge Aquatic Center is nearing the end of its useful life and is in need of major repairs. The Village Trustees, the Village President and Village Staff have been engaging residents in discussion on the future of the Aquatic Center and what the options may be in the best interests of the community.
Over the course of the last 10 months internal and external discussions have been taking place on what viable options may look like. Our hope is that opening up a survey to the residents will help us make a logical and informed decision on the future of the property. We appreciate the time you are willing to put into this process, and thank you for your support in advance.
Here are the FACTS associated with this project that are important for our residents to know:
- The Aquatic Center needs approximately $3 million dollars worth of repairs.
- The Village has the money to perform these repairs.
- The other options considered fall within the $3 million dollar budget.
- A referendum is not required to move forward with this project.
- We will not need to raise taxes because of this project.
- The Aquatic Center currently has 137 regular members, 73 of which are Bensenville Residents. The center has 58 Senior Members.
Here is a look at the 4 options being considered:
Option 1: Renovate the Water’s Edge Aquatic Center
Option 2: Install an Indoor Turf Field
Option 3: Install a Multi-Purpose Court
Option 4: Install Indoor Pickleball Courts
Please take a few minutes to complete the following survey and provide feedback on the four (4) overall concepts for the Water’s Edge Aquatic Center.