Many people are throwing the rubber gloves they are wearing on the ground, which is dangerous, especially in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Personal protective equipment like masks and gloves quickly become contaminated, and they shouldn’t be tossed carelessly — especially not littered in parking lots, where they are destined to end up harming the environment. Observing appropriate disposal protocol is crucial. There is a proper way to safely remove and dispose of them.
How to safely remove and dispose of gloves:
- Pinch the outside cuff of the glove off your wrist and pull forward.
- Pull the glove off so it’s inside out.
- Grab the glove you just removed in your hand with your dirty glove still on.
- Insert your clean finger between the glove and your wrist to pull the glove off while holding the first balled up glove.
- Pull the glove inside out over the first glove, creating a ball.
Once you’ve balled up the gloves, you can put it in your pocket until you can throw it in the trash. When you are wearing gloves, make sure you don’t touch your face or mask, as the gloves are just as contaminated as your hands.