Follow these important tips to make the most of your household waste and yard program. Contact Allied Waste at 708.345.7050 if you need additional information.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
• Yard waste is collected on Wednesday from April 1 st through November 30th. Yard waste consists of grass clippings, leaves, small shrubbery trimmings and plant materials such as weeds, unwanted plants and roots.
• Please make sure material is tree of dirt.
• Do not mix yard waste with refuse or recycling. Each is collected separately and transported to a different processing or disposal facility.
• Grass clippings, leaves and plant material must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or a refuse can with two handles, no larger than 35 gallons. Oversize cans will not be emptied. If a can is used, it must be clearly marked "Yard Waste" and placed so the collection driver can see it from the street or alley. Yard Waste decals are available at the Village Hall.
• The maximum weight of these bags or cans is 50 pounds