What should I do if there is a water main break?

The Department of Public Works is available to repair water main breaks 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you know of a possible water main break during business hours, please contact the Public Works Department at 630-350-3435 (8:00 am - 3:30 pm) or the Village Hall at 630-766-8200 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm M,W,F or 8:00 am - 7:00 pm Tuesday or 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Saturday) . After business hours, call the non-emergency number for the Police Department at 630-350-3455.

For more information visit the Utility Billing Division section of our website.

Show All Answers

1. How often does the Village bill for Water, Sewer and Refuse service?
2. My water usage has recently increased, what are the reasons for that?
3. What can I do to lower my water bill?
4. How do I know if I have a leak?
5. What should I do if there is a water main break?
6. How do I know when it’s safe to drink my water after a main break?
7. Do I need a vehicle sticker?